Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Week 30 August 27-September 2, 2013

This is the gate to the subdivision where the new sisters apartment/home is.  It will be an unusual place to live in that it is a home in a subdivision.  As we went to and from neighbors seemed very friendly to us.  One of the neighbors had us park our car in their parking spot so it would be easier to unload the car.  I think it will be a great place to be.
There is a very old Buddhist temple and graveyard in this area of town.  It has a beautiful bell in the corner tower
and very old looking grave markers.
This week has been filled with lots of rain bought to us as the typhoon dissipated coming up from the Philippines.  Sadly we have not been able to ride our bikes and stay dry so find ourselves using the car.  I have enjoyed the beautiful clouds we can seen from our apartment.  This is looking toward the hospital.

Our Skype class teacher from the MTC has challenged Terry and I to interview five ward members each week.  This has been a very challenge goal for me.  This week I had the extra challenge of needing to ask to use someone's sewing machine.  I chose a sister from the Kumamoto Ward and asked her.  She said "no" that her machine was in need of repair but a brother from the Nagamini Ward heard me and offered his wife's machine.  I was able to get to know his wife and lengthen the curtains to finish covering the windows in the new sister's home.  We are so blessed to work with such wonderful people in Japan.  

Scripture of the week:  
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar:  for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?  1 John 4:20

1 comment:

Delirious said...

I love that you have some cultural things to see in your neighborhood. So much of China is getting rid of those kinds of things, so I rarely see any sort of building or decoration that looks Chinese.
You are brave to do the interviews! It's really scary when you are just starting out. I still get nervous talking to some people in Chinese. I think the different accents scare me sometimes!