Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week 73 - June 23-29, 2014


I took this picture Wednesday morning as we went jogging in the rain.  It was taken through the car window of others walking in the rain on the other side of the canal.  It is amazing how many walkers/bikers there are even on rainy days here.  We enjoyed our run in the warm rain of Japan's rainy season.
Through the windshield wiper you can see the park were we run.  The grass had been cut and it surely looked nice when we got there even if it was raining.
Wednesday found us at the International Center.  While we were there we were invited to write a wish on colorful pieces of paper for the Tanabata tree.  They requested not in English.  That request meant hiagana, katakana or kanji.  I wrote mine in kanji, with help from Google Translate.  Elder Koberstein wrote his in hiagana which is the first language taught to children in school here.  They will be hung on the Tanabata tree at the International Center when it is put up. 
Above is another beautiful center piece on display this past week at the International Center.  Right now we see bushes of the little red flowers in this display in peoples yards.  They are so delicate and beautiful and remind me of the bleeding heart my mother had in her garden when I was a child.
These are Japanese sandwiches (onigiri).  They are made of rice, sausage and egg wrapped in seaweed.  Our Japanese teacher at the International Center takes these types of sandwiches on hikes.  I am amazed how the rice stays together and they taste so good.  I would have never believed a sandwich of rice would be possible before coming to Japan.  Our friend made them for our lunch Saturday at the temple. 
We had the opportunity to share some pictures of our temple wedding many years ago with our friend's friend at the temple.  We were married in the Logan Temple before returned to Brigham Young University where we were students.  It was a September wedding.  This picture was taken outside the temple after the wedding.  You can see the temple in the background.
This is a picture of the Logan Temple taken on the day we were married. 
Scripture of the Week
John 14:15,21
If you love me, keep my commandments.
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me; and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 

1 comment:

Delirious said...

The food looks great!